- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Wales Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
3.—(1) In this article-
“the old Council” (“yr hen Gyngor”) means the Further Education Funding Council for Wales;
“the new Council” (“y Cyngor newydd”) means the National Council for Education and Training for Wales.
(2) Without prejudice to paragraph 11 of Schedule 10 to the 2000 Act any thing done before 1st April 2001 by the old Council pursuant to section 51 of the 1992 Act shall have effect as if done by the new Council.
(3) If any provision in the instrument or articles of government of any institution within the further education sector (within the meaning of section 91(3) of the 1992 Act) provides that anything should be done in accordance with requirements of the old Council or should comply with directions given by the old Council, such provision shall have effect, in relation to any requirement imposed or direction given on or after 1st April 2001, as if references to the old Council were references to the new Council.
(4) The powers contained in -
(a)section 496 of the Education Act 1996 as applied in relation to the old Council by section 56(3) of the 1992 Act, and
(b)section 57(3) and (4) of the 1992 Act,
shall continue to be exercisable in respect of any action (including failure to take any action) by the old Council before 1st April 2001 but any direction given under those powers shall be given to the new Council.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: