- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Wales Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1.—(1) These Regulations may be cited as the Central Rating List (Wales) Regulations 1999 and shall come into force on 30th December 1999.
(2) In these Regulations—
“central rating list” means the central non-domestic rating list for Wales(“rhestr ardrethu canolog”);
“designated person” in relation to a central non-domestic rating list for Wales compiled on or after 1st April 2000 means a person designated by regulation 3(1) of these Regulations(“person dynodedig”).
(3) Any reference in these Regulations to a hereditament is to a relevant non-domestic hereditament.
(4) Any reference in these Regulations to a designated person by name is a reference to the company or body registered by or bearing that name at the date that name is entered in the central rating list.
(5) Any term used in the Schedule to these Regulations or any Part of the Schedule has the meaning ascribed in that Schedule or that Part.
2. These Regulations shall have effect with respect to any central rating list compiled on or after 1st April 2000.
3.—(1) For the purposes of section 53(1) of the Local Government Finance Act 1988—
(a)there are hereby designated the persons named in the Schedule; and
(b)there is hereby prescribed in relation to each such person the description of hereditament set out below the name of that person in the Schedule.
(2) Regulation 6 of the Non-Domestic Rating (Miscellaneous Provisions) Regulations 1989(1) (cross-boundary hereditaments) shall not apply to any hereditament falling within any description in the Schedule.
4. The central rating list must show, for each day in each year for which that list is in force—
(a)the name of each person designated by regulation 3; and
(b)against each name, each hereditament situated in Wales which on the day concerned is occupied (or, if unoccupied, owned) by that person, and which falls within the description prescribed in relation to that person by that regulation.
5.—(1) The central rating list shall also show, against the name of each designated person—
(a)where the person is a registered company, its registered office, and in any other case the person’s principal place of business within the United Kingdom;
(b)where the person is a registered company, its registered number; and
(c)the first day, if later than 1st April 2000, for which the rateable value shown in the list against the name of the designated person has effect.
(2) The central rating list shall also show, where the list has been altered in pursuance of a direction by a tribunal, the name of the tribunal which gave the direction.
6.—(1) Regulation 3 of the Non-Domestic Rating (Railways, Telecommunications and Canals) Regulations 1994(2) is amended in relation to Wales as follows.
(2) In paragraph (1), the definition of “the British Railways Board” is omitted.
(3) For paragraph (1)(b)(i) there is substituted —
“(i)(a)where paragraph (3) applies, which are occupied by Railtrack plc, or by a licence exempt operator or a licence holder other than Railtrack plc, or
(b)where paragraph (5) or (6) applies, which are occupied by any person designated by regulation 5(1) of, and named in Part 4 of the Schedule to, the Central Rating Lists Regulations 1994,
and which are not situated on operational land of that occupier, or of another relevant person;”.
(4) At the end of paragraph (1) there is added —
“and ‘relevant person’ means—
any person designated and named as mentioned in sub-paragraph (b)(i) above, or
any licence exempt operator or licence holder which is not so designated”.
(5) There are omitted—
(b)the words “(other than the Board)” in paragraph (3)(a)(ii), and
(c)in paragraph (4), the words from the beginning to “the Board and”.
7.—(1) Subject to paragraph (2), there are hereby revoked in relation to Wales with effect from 1st April 2000 the following—
(a)the Central Rating Lists Regulations 1994(3);
(b)the Central Rating Lists (Amendment) Regulations 1996(4).
(2) The provisions mentioned in paragraph (1) shall continue to have effect on and after 1st April 2000 for the purposes of or for purposes connected with—
(a)any alteration of the list in force immediately before 1st April 2000; or
(b)any provision made by regulations made under section 58(5) of the 1988 Act (special provision for 1995 onwards) as to the chargeable amount as regards a hereditament for a relevant period as defined in that section.
Signed on behalf of the National Assembly for Wales under section 66(1) of the Government of Wales Act 1998.(6)
Dafydd Elis Thomas
The Presiding Officer of the National Assembly
22 December 1999
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: