- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Health Act 1999 (Commencement No.1) (Wales) Order 1999.
(2) In this Order —
“the 1977 Act” means the National Health Service Act 1977(1) (“Deddf 1977”);
“the 1990 Act” means the National Health Service and Community Care Act 1990(2) (“Deddf 1990”).
“the Act” means the Health Act 1999(“y Ddeddf”);
(3) This Order applies to Wales.
2.—(1) 1st November 1999 is the day appointed for the coming into force, to the extent there specified, of each provision of the Act specified in Schedule 1 to this Order.
(2) 1st December 1999 is the day appointed for the coming into force, to the extent there specified, of each provision of the Act specified in Schedule 2 to this Order.
3. Notwithstanding the repeals effected by paragraph 83(1) and (4) of Schedule 4 to the Act by virtue of this Order, any directions to NHS Trusts in Wales given under paragraph 6 of Schedule 2 to the 1990 Act which are in force immediately before 1st December 1999 shall be treated as if they had been given under, and for the purposes of, section 17 of the 1977 Act.
Signed on behalf of the National Assembly for Wales under section 66(1) of the Government of Wales Act 1998
Dafydd Elis Thomas
The Presiding Officer
28th October 1999
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: