- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Wales Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. In this Schedule “core provision” in relation to goods or services means the provision of goods or services related to a course which is intended by enabling the student to acquire skills or knowledge, to afford the student the opportunity to attain up to the highest grade or qualification for the course (or, where more than one grade or qualification is comprised in a course, the highest of all the grades or qualifications for the course).
2. Any fee payable in connection with the supply to the student (whether by sale or hire) of goods other than individual lecture notes, summaries of lectures or similar materials, where —
(a)the goods do not form part of the core provision for the course, or
(b)the goods become the property of the student (whether at the time the fee is paid or at any later time),
provided that where goods form part of the core provision for the course and it is necessary to make available the goods to the student in connection with the student’s health or safety when attending the course, subparagraph (b) shall not apply unless the institution also makes the goods available to the student (without the goods becoming the property of the student) without charge.
3. Any fee payable in connection with the supply of services to the student where the services do not form part of the core provision for the course.
For the purposes of this paragraph the reservation of books or other materials at a library shall be treated as core provision for the course.
4. Any fee which represents a reimbursement of the cost of any fee or charge, which the institution pays to some other person other than a charge made in respect of the supply of goods to the institution, in connection with the student’s attendance on, or completion of, the course.
5. Any fee in respect of any additional administrative expenses incurred by the institution as a result of any negligence or default by the student (including administrative expenses arising from the student re-taking an examination, assessment of course work, or module of a course).
6. Any fee in respect of travel facilities provided by the institution.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: