- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
13.—(1) Monitor may investigate a complaint received by it that a relevant body has failed to comply with a requirement imposed by regulations 2 to 12, or by regulations 39(1), 42 or 43 of the 2012 Regulations (choice of health service provider)(2).
(2) Monitor may on its own initiative investigate whether a relevant body has failed to comply with a requirement imposed by regulation 10.
(3) Monitor may not investigate a matter which is raised by a complaint under paragraph (1) where the person making the complaint has brought an action under the Public Contracts Regulations 2006(3) in relation to that matter.
(4) A relevant body must provide Monitor with such information in its possession as Monitor may specify for the purposes of an investigation carried out by virtue of paragraph (1) or (2).
(5) The power of Monitor under paragraph (4) includes—
(a)power to require the relevant body to provide an explanation of such information as it provides, and
(b)in relation to information kept by means of a computer, power to require the information in legible form.
Regulation 39 of the 2012 Regulations is subject to regulations 40 and 41 of the 2012 Regulations.
Section 76(2) of the 2012 Act provides that Monitor may only investigate a complaint received by it where it is satisfied that the person making the complaint has sufficient interest in the arrangement to which the complaint relates.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: