- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. Where “—” appears in a table no fee is payable to the body indicated.
2. The fee for a certificate issued at the time of baptism is for a certified copy of the entry in the register book of baptisms giving the particulars required in Form No 1 in Schedule 1 to the Parochial Registers and Records Measure 1978(1). The fees payable for such a certified copy issued at any other time are the fees prescribed for searching registers of baptisms or burials and, if applicable, for each additional copy of an entry in a register of baptisms or burials.
3. Where a matter is marked (*), any costs and expenses incurred in relation to that matter in respect of routine administration (including arranging dates and times and the making of entries in registers), making the church available and lighting it are included in the fee prescribed as payable to the parochial church council.
4. Where section 1(8) of the Measure applies, paragraph 3 shall apply as if the references to the parochial church council were to the corporate body of the cathedral.
5. The fees marked (†) include fees in respect of the approval of the original inscription by the incumbent.
6. Any fee prescribed under the heading “SEARCHES IN CHURCH REGISTERS ETC.” for a copy, is for a certified copy; and where provision of a copy is included in the fee for a search, that fee includes the provision of a certified copy.
7. In the case of a burial under the Burial Laws Amendment Act 1880(2), the fees prescribed in respect of a burial in a churchyard are payable.
8. Where a layman publishes banns under section 9(2) of the Marriage Act 1949(3), the fees prescribed in respect of the publication of banns of marriage are payable.
9. Where a churchwarden allows a search to be made in a register of baptisms or burials or gives a copy of an entry in such a register under section 20(1) of the Parochial Registers and Records Measure 1978, the fees prescribed in respect of such searches and to the giving of such copies are payable.
43 & 44 Vict. c.41.
12, 13 & 14 Geo. 6 c. 76.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: