- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. In Part II of Schedule 1 to the Consumer Credit (Exempt Agreements) Order 1989(1) (bodies whose agreements of the specified description are exempt agreements)—
(a)in the column headed “Bodies Corporate”, before the entry for Homes and Communities Agency, insert “The Greater London Authority”; and
(b)in the column headed “Description of Agreement and Enactments”, before the corresponding entry for the Homes and Communities Agency, insert “Agreements of a description falling within section 16(2) of the Act, being agreements made under the Authority’s power to give financial assistance under section 30 of the Greater London Authority Act 1999.”.
2. In regulation 53(3)(b) of the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010(2) (withdrawal of social housing relief), after the words “a local housing authority”, insert “, the Greater London Authority”.
3. In Schedule 1 to the Housing (Right to Buy) (Prescribed Forms) Regulations 1986(3) (Form RTB1), under the heading “any of the following bodies set up in consequence of the abolition of the Greater London Council and the metropolitan county councils” after “English Sports Council”, insert “The Greater London Authority”.
4. In the Housing (Service Charge Loans) Regulations 1992(4)—
(a)in regulation 1(2)(a) (citation, commencement and interpretation), after “the Homes and Communities Agency” insert “, the Greater London Authority”; and
(b)in regulation 2(2)(a) (the right to loan in certain cases after exercise of right to buy), after “the Homes and Communities Agency” insert “, the Greater London Authority”.
5. In Schedule 1 to the Rent Act 1977 (Forms etc) Regulations 1980(5), in paragraph 3 of Form 5, before the reference to “or the Homes and Communities Agency”, insert “or the Greater London Authority,”.
6. In Schedule 9A to the Social Security (Claims and Payments) Regulations 1987(6)(deduction of mortgage interest from benefit), in paragraph 8, after the reference to “(aa) the Homes and Communities Agency”, insert “(aaa) the Greater London Authority;”.
1.—(1) This article is subject to paragraphs 2 to 5 of this Schedule.
(2) Anything which, before the commencement date, is in the process of being done by, on behalf of or in relation to the Agency in or in relation to Greater London may be continued, on and after that date, by or on behalf of or in relation to the Authority.
(3) Anything done (or having effect as if done) by or in relation to the Agency in or in relation to Greater London before the commencement date, has effect on and after that date as if done by or in relation to the Authority, so far as that is required for continuing its effect on and after that date.
(4) The reference in paragraphs (2) and (3) to anything done, or in the process of being done, by or in relation to the Agency includes without limitation any applications made or any authorisations or notices given, to, by or in relation to the Agency in or in relation to Greater London.
2. Any notice served on the Agency under section 151B(3) or (4) of the Housing Act 1985(7) (mortgage for securing redemption of landlord’s share) before the commencement date in relation to housing in Greater London shall have effect on and after the commencement date as if it were served on the Authority.
3. The Housing (Service Charge Loans) Regulations 1992 shall, on and after the commencement date, apply in relation to any loan which relates to housing in Greater London given by the Agency under regulation 5 of those Regulations before the commencement date as if the loan had been made by the Authority.
4. The provisions of the Consumer Credit (Exempt Agreements) Order 1989 shall, on and after the commencement date, continue to apply to any agreement made by the Agency before the commencement date which relates to housing in Greater London, as if the agreement had been made by the Authority.
5. Until such time as a new determination is made by the Authority, any determination made under section 32 of the Housing and Regeneration Act 2008(8) by the Agency before the commencement date continues to have effect in relation to housing in Greater London on and after that date.
S.I. 1986/2194. Schedule 1 has been amended on numerous occasions but none of the amendments are relevant to this Order.
1985 c.68. Section 151B was inserted by the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 c. 28. It was amended by S.I. 2010/866. Other amendments have been made but are not relevant to this Order.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: