- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2. (1) The Police Regulations 2003(1) are amended as follows.
(2) In regulation 3(1) (interpretation) after the entry for “member of a police force” insert ““oral fluid” includes saliva;”.
(3) In regulation 10(1)(i) (qualifications for appointment to a police force) for “saliva” substitute “hair or oral fluid”.
(4) In regulation 19(4)(b) (samples) for “saliva” substitute “oral fluid”.
(5) In regulation 19A(1) (testing for substance misuse)—
(a)for sub-paragraph (d) substitute—
“(d)is selected in accordance with a regime of routine random testing;”;
(b)for “saliva” substitute “oral fluid”.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: