- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2.—(1) The Police Regulations 2003(1) are amended as follows.
(2) In regulation 3(1) (interpretation) after the entry for “member of a police force” insert ““oral fluid” includes saliva;”.
(3) In regulation 10(1)(i) (qualifications for appointment to a police force) for “saliva” substitute “hair or oral fluid”.
(4) In regulation 19(4)(b) (samples) for “saliva” substitute “oral fluid”.
(5) In regulation 19A(1) (testing for substance misuse)—
(a)for sub-paragraph (d) substitute—
“(d)is selected in accordance with a regime of routine random testing;”;
(b)for “saliva” substitute “oral fluid”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: