- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
9.—(1) DLRL may, regardless of any provision of the 1999 Act—
(a)transfer, charge or otherwise dispose of any interest of DLRL in the cable car system to another person (“the transferee”); or
(b)grant to another person (“the lessee”) for a period agreed between DLRL and the lessee any interest of DLRL in the cable car system; and
(c)enter into any agreement that is connected with or consequential on any agreement entered into for the purpose of any transaction mentioned in sub-paragraph (a) or (b),
and with the consent of the Mayor of London DLRL may provide for the transferee, the lessee or another person to exercise or be responsible for any relevant functions, either exclusively or concurrently with DLRL or any other person.
(2) Where an agreement has been made under paragraph (1) for the transferee, the lessee or another person to exercise or be responsible for any relevant functions, references in this Order to DLRL include references to the transferee, the lessee or that other person.
(3) The exercise of any relevant functions by any person under any agreement made under paragraph (1) is subject to the same restrictions, liabilities and obligations as would apply under this Order if those functions were exercised by DLRL.
(4) DLRL may provide to any person in any agreement made under paragraph (1), or in connection with or in consequence of any such agreement, such guarantees, indemnities or other forms of security as it considers to be necessary or appropriate.
(5) In this article “relevant functions” means any provision of this Order and of any enactment applied to the cable car system by this Order.
(6) The Mayor of London’s consent given under paragraph (1) may be subject to such reasonable terms and conditions as the Mayor considers appropriate in the circumstances.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: