- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6.—(1) The powers conferred on Transport for London by paragraph 26(1) to (3) of Schedule 11 to the 1999 Act (miscellaneous powers) may be exercised by Transport for London to make byelaws in respect of the operation and use of the cable car system as if the cable car system was a railway for the purposes of that paragraph.
(2) The provisions of paragraph 26(4) and (5) of that Schedule apply to the enforcement of any byelaws made by Transport for London under paragraph (1) as if the reference to “railway” in paragraph 26(4)(b) of Schedule 11 was a reference to the cable car system.
(3) The provisions of subsections 236(3) to (8), (10C) and (11) of the Local Government Act 1972(1) (procedure etc., for byelaws) apply in relation to byelaws made by Transport for London under paragraph (1), except that the application of section 236(10C) only requires Transport for London to send a copy of any byelaws made by it and confirmed to—
(a)the Mayor of London;
(b)the Council of the London Borough of Newham; and
(c)the Council of the London Borough of Greenwich.
(4) The byelaws set out in the Schedule have effect and are to be treated as byelaws made by Transport for London under this article and subsequently confirmed by the Secretary of State.
(5) The byelaws set out in the Schedule apply to the cable car system until such time as they are amended or revoked by byelaws made under paragraph (1).
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: