- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
11. (1) Paragraph (2) applies to a claim or assessment if—
(a)the amount of credit given under regulation 4 is reduced under regulation 9, or becomes excessive or insufficient by reason of any adjustment of the amount of any bank levy or German bank levy,
(b)the reduction or adjustment gives rise to the claim or assessment, and
(c)the claim or assessment is made not later than 6 years from the time when all material determinations have been made, whether in the UK or elsewhere.
(2) Nothing in the Tax Acts limiting the time for the making of assessments, or limiting the time for the making of claims for relief, applies to the assessment or claim.
(3) In paragraph (1)(c) “material determination” means an assessment, reduction, adjustment or other determination that is material in determining whether any, and (if so) what, credit is to be given.
12. (1) This regulation applies if—
(a)any credit has been allowed under regulation 4, and
(b)later, the amount of that credit is reduced under regulation 9, or becomes excessive as a result of an adjustment of the amount of the German bank levy.
(2) The relevant entity or, in the case of a relevant group, the responsible member must give notice that a reduction has been made or that the amount of the credit has become excessive as a result of the making of an adjustment.
(3) Notice under paragraph (2) is to be given—
(a)to an officer of Revenue and Customs, and
(b)within one year from when the reduction or adjustment is made.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: