- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. Advertising of any nature (whatever the medium used).
Expenses in respect of such advertising include agency fees, design costs and other costs in connection with preparing, producing, distributing or otherwise disseminating such advertising or anything incorporating such advertising and intended to be distributed for the purpose of disseminating it.
2. Unsolicited material addressed to voters (whether addressed to them by name or intended for delivery to households within any particular area or areas).
Expenses in respect of such material include design costs and other costs in connection with preparing, producing or distributing such material (including the cost of postage).
3. Any material of a description referred to in regulation 10(1) or 11.
4. Market research or canvassing conducted for the purposes of ascertaining voting intentions.
5. The provision of any services or facilities in connection with press conferences or other dealings with the media.
6. Transport (by any means) of persons to any place or places with a view to obtaining publicity in connection with a referendum campaign.
Expenses in respect of the transport of such persons include the costs of hiring a particular means of transport for the whole or part of the referendum period.
7. Rallies and other events, including public meetings organised so as to obtain publicity in connection with a referendum campaign or for other purposes connected with a referendum campaign.
Expenses in respect of such events include costs in connection with the attendance of persons at such events, the hire of premises for the purposes of such events or the provision of goods, services or facilities at them.
8. Nothing in paragraphs 1 to 7 is to be taken as extending to—
(a)any expenses in respect of any property, services or facilities so far as those expenses fall to be met out of public funds;
(b)any expenses incurred in respect of the remuneration or allowances payable to any member of staff of the campaign of the campaign organiser;
(c)any expenses incurred in respect of an individual by way of travelling expenses (by any means of transport) or in providing for his accommodation or other personal needs to the extent that the expenses are paid by the individual from his own resources and are not reimbursed to him or her.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: