- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
26. (1) Network Rail may operate and use the railway and any other elements of the authorised project as a system, or part of a system, of transport for the carriage of passengers and goods.
(2) Nothing in this Order, or in any enactment incorporated with or applied by this Order, affects the operation of Part 1 of the Railways Act 1993(1) (the provision of railway services).
27. (1) Network Rail may fell or lop any tree or shrub within or overhanging land within the Order limits, or cut back its roots, if it reasonably believes it to be necessary to do so to prevent the tree or shrub—
(a)from obstructing or interfering with the construction, maintenance or operation of the authorised project or any apparatus used in connection with the authorised project; or
(b)from constituting a danger to passengers or other persons using the authorised project.
(2) In carrying out any activity authorised by paragraph (1), Network Rail must not cause unnecessary damage to any tree or shrub and must pay compensation to any person for any loss or damage arising from such activity.
(3) Any dispute as to a person’s entitlement to compensation under paragraph (2), or as to the amount of compensation, is to be determined under Part 1 of the 1961 Act.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: