- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
Council Tax, England And Wales
Public Health, England And Wales
18th July 2012
Laid before Parliament
24th July 2012
Coming into force
23rd August 2012
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 167(1)(b) and (3) of the Health and Social Care Act 2008(1), makes the following Order:
1. This Order may be cited as the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Consequential Amendments) (Council Tax) Order 2012 and shall come into force on 23rd August 2012.
2. (1) The Council Tax (Chargeable Dwellings) Order 1992(2) is amended as follows.
(2) In article 2 in the definition of “care home” after “Part 2 of that Act” insert “in relation to Wales, or Part 1 of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 in relation to England”.
(3) In article 3A after “Part 2 of the Care Standards Act 2000,” insert “in relation to Wales, or Part 1 of the Health and Social Care Act 2008, in relation to England”.
3. In regulation 2 of the Council Tax (Liability for Owners) Regulations 1992(3) in “Class A” after “Part 2 of that Act” insert “in relation to Wales, or Part 1 of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 in relation to England”.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State
Department for Communities and Local Government
18th July 2012
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations amend the Council Tax (Chargeable Dwellings) Order 1992 and the Council Tax (Liability for Owners) Regulations 1992 to reflect the fact that care homes in England are now registered under the Health and Social Care Act 2008.
A full impact assessment has not been produced for this instrument as no impact on the private or voluntary sectors is foreseen.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: