- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
19.—(1) This regulation applies to every agreement made under section 27(1) of the Housing Act 1985 between an authority and a manager(1) after the commencement date, where the agreement relates to—
(a)the same houses; and
(b)the same management functions in relation to those houses,
that are the subject of a subsequent TMO agreement.
(2) An agreement to which this regulation applies must contain the terms to the effect that—
(a)that the authority must determine the agreement where it is required to enter into a TMO agreement; and
(b)that on the determination of the agreement, the authority and the manager must make arrangements for the transfer of the management functions from the manager to the TMO, if such arrangements are necessary.
(3) An agreement to which this regulation applies that, when made, does not contain the terms specified in paragraph (2) and (5), shall be treated as if it had always contained those terms.
(4) An authority must determine an agreement to which these regulations apply as soon as reasonably practicable after the date it is required to enter into a TMO agreement under regulation 16.
(5) The authority and the manager must make arrangements in accordance with paragraph (2)(b) within 3 months of the determination of such an agreement.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: