- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
Police, England And Wales
9th July 2012
Coming into force in accordance with article 1(1)
The Secretary of State:
(1) has, in pursuance of section 66(1) of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984(1), issued codes of practice in connection with:
(a)the detention, treatment and questioning of persons by police officers; and
(b)the exercise by police officers of statutory powers to arrest a person;
(2) may, under section 67(2)(2) of that Act, revise the whole or any part of a code;
(3) has consulted in accordance with section 67(4) of that Act; and
(4) has, in accordance with section 67(7B) of that Act, laid each revised code of practice before Parliament.
A draft of this Order has been laid before Parliament and has been approved by each House of Parliament in accordance with section 67(7A) of that Act.
The Secretary of State, in exercise of powers conferred upon her by section 67(5) of that Act, makes the following Order:
Section 67(1) to (7D) was substituted by section 11 of the Criminal Justice Act 2003 (c.44). Section 67(4) was further amended by section 6(1) of and paragraph 1 of Schedule 4 to the Police and Justice Act 2006 (c.48) and section 99 of and paragraphs 160 and 163 of Schedule 16 to the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011 (c.13).
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: