- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
17th May 2012
Coming into force
7th June 2012
1. This scheme may be cited as the M54 Motorway (Junction 2 Improvements i54 Strategic Employment Area) (Connecting Roads) Scheme 2012 and shall come into force on 7th June 2012.
2. In this Scheme all measurements of distance are measured along the route of the relevant highway and:
“connecting road” means a special road along a route described in Schedule 1 to this Scheme;
“the plan” means the plan numbered HA S16/NOD/001, marked “The M54 Motorway (Junction 2 Improvements i54 Strategic Employment Area) (Connecting Roads) Scheme 2012”, signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport and deposited at Document Deposit Service, Communities and Local Government, Floor 13 (IMD), Ashdown House, St Leonards on Sea, Hastings, East Sussex TN37 7GA;
“the special roads” means each connecting road; and
“the new trunk road” means the new main road which the Secretary of State proposes to construct under the authority of The M54 Motorway (Junction 2 Improvements i54 Strategic Employment Area) (Trunk Roads) Order 2012.
3. The Secretary of State is authorised to provide the special roads for the exclusive use of traffic of Classes I and II of the classes of traffic set out in Schedule 4 to the Highways Act 1980.
4. The centre line of each of the special roads is indicated by a heavy black line on the plan.
5. Each of the special roads shall become a trunk road on the date when this Scheme comes into force.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
Divisional Director Highways Agency
17th May 2012
The routes of the connecting roads are as follows:
(1) A route to connect the eastbound carriageway of the M54 with the new trunk road at a new roundabout. The connecting road along this route is given the reference letter A on the plan.
(2) A route to connect the westbound carriageway of the M54 with the new trunk road at a new roundabout. The connecting road along this route is given the reference letter B on the plan.
(This note is not part of the Order)
This order authorises the Secretary of State to construct new slip roads west of Junction 2 of the M54. The new slip roads will connect the eastbound and westbound carriageways of the motorway with new roundabouts, to be constructed as part of the access and egress arrangements for the i54 Strategic Employment Area under the provisions of The M54 Motorway (Junction 2 Improvements i54 Strategic Employment Area) (Trunk Roads) Order 2012.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: