- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. The Freedom of Information Act 2000 is amended as follows.
2. In Part 6 of Schedule 1 (other public bodies and offices – general), the entry “A courts board established under section 4 of the Courts Act 2003.” is repealed.
3. The Courts Act 2003 is amended as follows.
4. Section 4 (establishment of courts boards) is repealed.
5. Section 5 (functions of courts boards) is repealed.
6. In section 8 (local justice areas), subsection (6)(b) is repealed.
7. Schedule 1 (constitution and procedure of courts boards) is repealed.
8. The Constitutional Reform Act 2005 is amended as follows.
9. In Part 1 of Schedule 4 (other functions of the Lord Chancellor and organisation of the courts), paragraphs 310, 311 and 350 are repealed.
10. The Courts Boards Areas Order 2004 is revoked.
11. The Courts Boards (Appointments and Procedure) Regulations 2004 are revoked.
12. The Freedom of Information (Additional Public Authorities) Order 2005 is amended as follows.
13. In Schedule 1 (entries inserted in Part 6 of Schedule 1 to the Act with effect from 7 February 2006), the entry “A courts board established under section 4 of the Courts Act 2003.” is revoked.
14. The Lord Chancellor (Transfer of Functions and Supplementary Provisions) (No.2) Order 2006 is amended as follows.
15. In Schedule 2 (transfer and modification of functions of the Lord Chancellor – secondary legislation), paragraphs 4 to 7 are revoked.
16. The Courts Boards Areas (Amendment) Order 2007 is revoked.
17. The Justices of the Peace (Training and Development Committee) Rules 2007 are amended as follows.
18. In rule 2 (interpretation) omit the entry for “courts board area”.
19. In rule 42(1) (formation of a Magistrates’ Area Training Committee), for “courts board area in existence on 1st January 2006” substitute “area listed in Schedule 3 to these Rules”
20. After Schedule 2, insert—
|MATC Area||Geographical coverage|
|Avon and Somerset||The county of Somerset and the non-metropolitan districts of Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire|
|Bedfordshire||The county of Bedfordshire and the non-metropolitan district of Luton|
|Cambridgeshire||The county of Cambridgeshire and the non-metropolitan district of Peterborough|
|Cheshire||The county of Cheshire and the non-metropolitan districts of Halton and Warrington|
|Cleveland||The non-metropolitan districts of Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland and Stockton-on-Tees|
|Cumbria||The county of Cumbria|
|Derbyshire||The county of Derbyshire and the non-metropolitan district of Derby|
|Devon and Cornwall||The counties of Devon and Cornwall, the non-metropolitan districts of Plymouth and Torbay and the Isles of Scilly|
|Dorset||The county of Dorset and the non-metropolitan districts of Bournemouth and Poole|
|Durham||The county of Durham and the non-metropolitan district of Darlington|
|Dyfed Powys||The counties of Ceredigion, Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire and Powys|
|Essex||The county of Essex and the non-metropolitan districts of Southend-on-Sea and Thurrock|
|Gloucestershire||The county of Gloucestershire|
|Greater Manchester||The metropolitan districts of Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford and Wigan|
|Hampshire and Isle of Wight||The counties of Hampshire and Isle of Wight and the non-metropolitan districts of Portsmouth and Southampton|
|Hertfordshire||The county of Hertfordshire|
|Humberside||The non-metropolitan districts of the East Riding of Yorkshire, Kingston upon Hull, North East Lincolnshire and North Lincolnshire|
|Kent||The county of Kent and the non-metropolitan district of Medway|
|Lancashire||The county of Lancashire and the non-metropolitan districts of Blackburn with Darwen and Blackpool|
|Leicestershire and Rutland||The county of Leicestershire and the non-metropolitan districts of Leicester and Rutland|
|Lincolnshire||The county of Lincolnshire|
|Merseyside||The metropolitan districts of Knowsley, Liverpool, St. Helens, Sefton and Wirral|
|Norfolk||The county of Norfolk|
|Northamptonshire||The county of Northamptonshire|
|Northumbria||The county of Northumberland and the metropolitan districts of Gateshead, Newcastle upon Tyne, North Tyneside, South Tyneside and Sunderland|
|North Wales||The counties of the Isle of Anglesey, Gwynedd, Denbighshire and Flintshire and the county boroughs of Conwy and Wrexham|
|North Yorkshire||The county of North Yorkshire and the non-metropolitan district of York|
|Nottinghamshire||The county of Nottinghamshire and the non-metropolitan district of Nottingham|
|South East Wales||The counties of Cardiff, Monmouthshire and Swansea, the county boroughs of Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Merthyr Tydfil, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Torfaen and the Vale of Glamorgan|
|South Yorkshire||The metropolitan districts of Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield|
|Staffordshire||The county of Staffordshire and the non-metropolitan district of Stoke-on-Trent|
|Suffolk||The county of Suffolk|
|Surrey||The county of Surrey|
|Sussex||The counties of East Sussex and West Sussex and the non-metropolitan district of Brighton and Hove|
|Thames Valley||The counties of Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire and the non-metropolitan districts of Bracknell Forest, Milton Keynes, Reading, Slough, West Berkshire, Windsor and Maidenhead and Wokingham|
|Warwickshire||The county of Warwickshire|
|West Mercia||The counties of Shropshire and Worcestershire and the non-metropolitan districts of Herefordshire and Telford and The Wrekin|
|West Midlands||The metropolitan districts of Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall and Wolverhampton|
|West Yorkshire||The metropolitan districts of Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds and Wakefield|
|Wiltshire||The county of Wiltshire and the non-metropolitan district of Swindon”|
21. The Courts Boards Areas (Amendment) Order 2009 is revoked.
Section 4 was amended by the Constitutional Reform Act 2005 (c.4) to insert subsections (5A) and (7A). Section 5 was amended by the Constitutional Reform Act 2005 which made amendments to subsections (5) and (7) and inserted subsection (9). There have been amendments to section 8 which are not relevant to this Order. Schedule 1 was amended by the Constitutional Reform Act 2005 which amended paragraphs 1 and 8 and inserted paragraph 9.
2005 c.4. There have been amendments to Part 1 of Schedule 4 which are not relevant to this Order.
S.I 2004/1192. The Schedule was substituted by the Courts Boards Areas (Amendment) Order 2007 (S.I 2007/1022).
S.I 2004/1193. Regulations 8 and 9 were amended, and regulation 13 was inserted, by the Lord Chancellor (Transfer of Functions and Supplementary Provisions) (No.2) Order 2006 (S.I 2006/1016).
S.I 2006/1016. There have been amendments to Schedule 1 which are not relevant to this Order.
S.I 2007/1609. There has been an amendment to rule 2 which is not relevant to this Order.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: