- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
19.—(1) For the purposes of paragraph 19D(1) of Schedule 3 to the 2002 Act (interview of person whose conduct is being investigated), where an investigator wishes to interview the person concerned as part of his investigation, he shall, if reasonably practicable, agree a date and time for the interview with the person concerned.
(2) Where no date and time is agreed under paragraph (1), the investigator shall specify a date and time for the interview.
(3) Where a date and time is specified under paragraph (2) and—
(a)the person concerned or his police friend will not be available at that time; and
(b)the person concerned proposes an alternative time which satisfies paragraph (4),
the interview shall be postponed to the time proposed by the person concerned.
(4) An alternative time must—
(a)be reasonable; and
(b)fall before the end of the period of 5 working days beginning with the first working day after the day specified by the investigator.
(5) The person concerned shall be given written notice of the date, time and place of the interview.
(6) The investigator shall, in advance of the interview, provide the person concerned with such information as the investigator considers appropriate in the circumstances of the case to enable the person concerned to prepare for the interview.
(7) The person concerned shall attend the interview.
(8) A police friend may not answer any questions asked of the person concerned during the interview.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: