Publication of proposals to establish sixth form college corporations and period for considering representations
3. (1) For the purposes of sections 33C(3)(a) of the Act, the prescribed time and manner for the publication of the proposal to establish a sixth form college corporation is as set out in paragraphs (3), (4) and (5).
(2) For the purposes of section 33C(3)(b) of the Act, the prescribed information to be contained in the proposal is set out in paragraph 1 of the Schedule.
(3) A proposal to establish a sixth form college corporation must be published at least four months before the date which is specified in the proposal for the establishment of the corporation.
(4) The proposer must publish the proposal—
(a)in at least one newspaper circulating in the area served, or to be served, by the corporation to which the proposal relates; and
(b)in at least one national newspaper.
(5) The proposer must send a copy of the proposal to—
(a)the governing body of any institution within the further education sector(1) within the local authority area in which the corporation is proposed to be situated;
(b)the governing body or proprietor of any maintained school(2) or Academy(3) which provides full-time education suitable to the requirements of persons over compulsory school age within the local authority area in which the corporation is proposed to be situated;
(c)the local authority in whose area the corporation is proposed to be situated;
(d)the Chief Executive of Skills Funding(4);
(e)the Member of Parliament in whose constituency the corporation is situated or is proposed to be situated;
(f)any other Member of Parliament whose constituents it appears to the proposer are likely to be affected by the proposal;
(g)the Secretary of State; and
(h)any other person who appears to the proposer to have an interest.
(6) For the purposes of section 33C(3)(c) of the Act, the prescribed period during which any person may make representations about the proposal is a period of one month beginning on the day of publication described in paragraph (3).
For the definition of “institution within the further education sector” see section 91(3) of the Act 2002.
For the definition of an “maintained school” see section 20(7) of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998 (c. 31).
The Chief Executive of Skills Funding was established by section 81 of the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009 (c. 21).