- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. This Order may be cited as the Education Act 2011 (Abolition of the GTCE Consequential Amendments and Revocations) Order 2012 and comes into force on 25th May 2012.
2. (1) The Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 (Regulated Activity, Miscellaneous and Transitional Provisions and Commencement No. 5) Order 2009(1) is amended as follows.
(2) In article 21 (information provided by ISA)—
(a)for paragraph (8) substitute—
“(8) If ISA(2) becomes aware of relevant information relating to a person who it knows or thinks is a person–
(a)to whom sections 141B to 141E of the 2002 Act(3) apply, or
it must provide that information to the Secretary of State or the General Teaching Council for Wales, as the case may be.”; and
(b)for paragraph 9(b) substitute—
“(b)is relevant to the exercise of any function of—
(i)the Secretary of State in respect of sections 141B to 141E of the 2002 Act, or
(ii)the General Teaching Council for Wales,”.
3. The instruments listed in Column 1 of the table in the Schedule are revoked to the extent indicated in Column 3.
Minister of State
Department for Education and Skills
25th April 2012
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: