- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as the Education (School Teachers’ Appraisal) (England) Regulations 2012 and come into force on 1st September 2012.
(2) These Regulations apply in relation to England.
(3) Subject to paragraph (4), these Regulations apply to any teacher employed for one school term or more.
(4) These Regulations do not apply to—
(a)any teacher whilst that teacher is undergoing an induction period in accordance with the Education (Induction Arrangements for School Teachers) (England) Regulations 2008(1); or
(b)any teacher whilst that teacher is the subject of capability procedures.
(5) In this regulation “capability procedures” means the procedures established by a governing body pursuant to regulation 8 of the School Staffing (England) Regulations 2009(2).
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: