- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. In this Schedule “appropriate authority” has the same meaning as in Schedule 1.
2. Where a local authority are the appropriate authority in relation to a school, they may delegate to the head teacher of the school any of their functions under this Schedule.
3. The appropriate authority must make all the necessary arrangements for the election of staff governors.
4. The power conferred by paragraph 3 does not include power to impose any requirements as to the minimum number of votes required to be cast for a candidate to be elected.
5. Any election which is contested must be held by ballot.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: