- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
71. (1) Notwithstanding anything in section 127(1) of the Magistrates’ Courts Act 1980(1), an information relating to an offence under these Regulations which is triable by a magistrates’ court in England and Wales may be so tried if it is laid at any time before the end of the period of twelve months beginning with the date of the commission of the offence.
(2) Notwithstanding anything in section 136 of the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995(2) summary proceedings in Scotland for an offence under these Regulations may be commenced at any time before the end of the period of twelve months beginning with the date of the commission of the offence.
(3) For the purposes of paragraph (2), section 136(3) of the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995 applies.
(4) Notwithstanding anything in article 19(1) of the Magistrates’ Courts (Northern Ireland) Order 1981(3), a complaint charging an offence under these Regulations which is triable by a magistrates’ court in Northern Ireland may be so tried if it is made at any time before the end of the period of twelve months beginning with the date of the commission of the offence.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Impact Assessments generally accompany all UK Government interventions of a regulatory nature that affect the private sector, civil society organisations and public services. They apply regardless of whether the regulation originates from a domestic or international source and can accompany primary (Acts etc) and secondary legislation (SIs). An Impact Assessment allows those with an interest in the policy area to understand:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: