- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
1. The power under section 144 of the Local Government Act 1972 (the power to encourage visitors and provide conference and other facilities).
2. The duty under section 8(1) Housing Act 1985(1) (duty of local housing authorities to consider housing conditions in their district and the needs of the district with respect to the provision of further housing accommodation).
3. The duties under section 82 of the Environment Act 1995(2) (duty to cause a review to be conducted of quality for the time being, and the likely future quality within the relevant period, of air within the authority’s area and associated duties).
4. The duty under section 83 of the Environment Act 1995 (duty to designate air quality management areas).
5. The duties under section 84 of the Environment Act 1995 (duties in relation to designated area).
6. The duties under sections 15ZA, 15ZB, 15ZC, 17A, 18A(1)(b), of the Education Act 1996 and the power under sections 514A and 560A of that Act(3) (duties and powers related to the provision of education and training for persons over compulsory school age).
7. The power under section 2 of the Local Government Act 2000(4) (promotion of well-being).
8. The duty under section 4(1) of the Local Government Act 2000 (duty to prepare a strategy for promoting or improving the economic, social and environmental well-being of their area and contributing to the achievement of sustainable development in the United Kingdom) and the power under section 4(2) of the Local Government Act 2000 (power to modify their sustainable communities strategy).
9. The duty under section 69 of the 2009 Act (duty to prepare an assessment of economic conditions).
1985 c. 68. Section 144 was amended by Schedule 2 to the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 (c. 57), Part 16 of Schedule 34 to the Local Government, Planning and Land Act 1980 (c. 65) and Schedule 17 to the Local Government Act 1985.
1996 c. 56. Sections 15ZA, 15ZB, 15ZC were inserted by section 41 of the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009 (c. 22), sections 17A and 18A(1)(b) by section 45 of that Act (not yet commenced), section 514A by section 46 of that Act and section 560A by section 47 of that Act.
2000 c.22, to which there are amendments not relevant to this Order.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: