- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
15. (1) Any person who is aggrieved about a compliance notice may appeal against that notice to a magistrates’ court.
(2) The procedure on an appeal to a magistrates’ court under paragraph (1) is by way of complaint and the Magistrates’ Courts Act 1980 applies to the proceedings.
(3) The period within which an appeal may be brought against a compliance notice is 28 days, beginning with the day on which the compliance notice is given.
(4) A magistrates’ court may suspend a compliance notice pending an appeal.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: