- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
38.—(1) A person who is aggrieved by a decision of the Safety Authority in Northern Ireland under regulations 5 to 11 may appeal to DRDNI.
(2) The appellant must lodge the appeal by way of an application in such form or manner as DRDNI may decide.
(3) DRDNI must within two months of the date of receipt of the information necessary for DRDNI to make its determination—
(a)make a determination; and
(b)where DRDNI considers it appropriate in order to give effect to the determination—
(i)arrange for the Safety Authority to take any necessary action; and
(4) Without prejudice to the right of any person to make an application for judicial review—
(a)a determination by DRDNI on appeal brought under this regulation is binding on all parties affected by that determination; and
(b)it is the duty of any person to whom a direction is given under this regulation to comply with and give effect to that direction.
(5) Where an appeal is made under this regulation, the decision in question is suspended pending the final determination of the appeal.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Impact Assessments generally accompany all UK Government interventions of a regulatory nature that affect the private sector, civil society organisations and public services. They apply regardless of whether the regulation originates from a domestic or international source and can accompany primary (Acts etc) and secondary legislation (SIs). An Impact Assessment allows those with an interest in the policy area to understand:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: