- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5. (1) The Chairman shall appoint a single member of the Board to constitute a panel to deal with a case where the Board is to consider the initial release of a prisoner serving an indeterminate sentence.
(2) The Chairman shall appoint one or more members of the Board to constitute a panel to deal with a case where—
(a)the case is to be heard in accordance with Part 4 of these Rules;
(b)the Board is to consider the release of a prisoner serving a determinate sentence; or
(c)the Board is under a duty to give advice to the Secretary of State.
(3) The Chairman shall appoint one member of each panel to act as chair of that panel.
(4) In respect of a hearing in the case of a prisoner serving a life sentence or a sentence during Her Majesty’s pleasure—
(a)an oral panel shall consist of or include a sitting or retired judge; and
(b)the sitting or retired judge shall act as chair of the oral panel.
(5) A person appointed under paragraph (1) may not in the same case sit on a panel appointed under paragraph (2)(a).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: