Producers of biomethane
25. (1) A producer of biomethane for injection may apply to the Authority to be registered as a participant.
(2) Applications for registration must be in writing and supported by—
(a)such of the information specified in Schedule 1 as the Authority may require;
(b)a declaration that the information provided by the applicant is accurate to the best of the applicant’s knowledge and belief;
(c)details of the process by which the applicant proposes to produce biomethane and arrange for its injection; and
(d)a notice given in accordance with paragraph (6).
(3) The Authority may in registering an applicant attach such conditions as it considers appropriate.
(4) Where the application for registration is properly made in accordance with paragraph (2), the Authority must (subject to paragraphs (5), (6) and (7))—
(a)notify the applicant in writing that registration has been successfully completed and the applicant is a participant;
(b)enter on a central register maintained by the Authority the date of registration and the applicant’s name;
(c)notify the applicant of any conditions attached to their registration as a participant; and
(d)send the applicant a statement of eligibility including such of the information specified in regulation 22(6)(f) as the Authority considers applicable.
(5) The Authority may refuse to register an applicant if the applicant has indicated that one or more of the applicable ongoing obligations will not be complied with.
(6) The Authority must not register an applicant unless that applicant has given notice (which the Authority has no reason to believe is incorrect) that no grant from public funds has been paid or will be paid in respect of any of the equipment used to produce the biomethane for which the applicant is intending to claim periodic support payments.
(7) The Authority must not register an applicant if it would result in periodic support payments being made to more than one participant for the same biomethane.