Applications for accreditation
22. (1) An owner of an eligible installation may apply for that installation to be accredited.
(2) All applications for accreditation must be made in writing to the Authority and must be supported by—
(a)such of the information specified in Schedule 1 as the Authority may require;
(b)a declaration that the information provided by the applicant is accurate to the best of the applicant’s knowledge and belief;
(c)a declaration that the applicant is the owner, or one of the owners, of the eligible installation for which accreditation is being sought.
(3) The Authority may, where an eligible installation is owned by more than one person, require that—
(a)an application submitted under this regulation is made by only one of those owners;
(b)the applicant has the authority from all other owners to be the participant for the purposes of the scheme; and
(c)the applicant provides to the Authority, in such manner and form as the Authority may request, evidence of that authority.
(4) Before accrediting an eligible installation, the Authority may arrange for a site inspection to be carried out in order to satisfy itself that a plant should be accredited.
(5) The Authority may, in granting accreditation, attach such conditions as it considers to be appropriate.
(6) Where an application for accreditation has, in the Authority’s opinion, been properly made in accordance with paragraphs (2) and (3) and the Authority is satisfied that the plant is an eligible installation the Authority must (subject to regulation 23 and regulation 47(3))—
(a)accredit the eligible installation;
(b)notify the applicant in writing that the application has been successful;
(c)enter on a central register maintained by the Authority the applicant’s name and such other information as the Authority considers necessary for the proper administration of the scheme;
(d)notify the applicant of any conditions attached to the accreditation;
(e)in relation to an applicant who is or will be generating heat from solid biomass, having regard to the information provided by the applicant, specify by notice to the applicant which of regulation 28, 29 or 30 applies;
(f)provide the applicant with a written statement (“statement of eligibility”) including the following information—
(i)the date of accreditation;
(ii)the applicable tariff;
(iii)the process and timing for providing meter readings;
(iv)details of the frequency and timetable for payments; and
(v)the tariff lifetime and tariff end date.
(7) Where the Authority does not accredit a plant it must notify the applicant in writing that the application for accreditation has been rejected, giving reasons.
(8) Once a specification made in accordance with paragraph (6)(e) has been notified to an applicant, it cannot be changed except where the Authority considers that an error has been made or on the receipt of new information by the Authority which demonstrates that the specification should be changed.