- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. This Order may be cited as the Immigration (Guernsey) Order 2011 and shall come into force seven days after the day on which it is registered by the Royal Court of Guernsey.
2. In this Order—
“the 1971 Act” means the Immigration Act 1971(1);
“the 1999 Act” means the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999; and
“Guernsey” means the Bailiwick of Guernsey.
3. For the purposes of construing provisions of the 1971 Act as part of the law of Guernsey, any reference to an enactment which extends to Guernsey shall be construed as a reference to that enactment as it has effect in Guernsey.
4. Sections 31, 32, 34 and 39 of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 shall extend to Guernsey subject to the exceptions and modifications specified in the right-hand column of Schedule 1.
5. Section 166 of the 1999 Act(2) shall extend to Guernsey subject to the exceptions and modifications specified in the right-hand column of Schedule 2.
6. Section 18 of the 1999 Act(3) shall be modified in its extension to Guernsey as specified in Schedule 3.
Clerk of the Privy Council
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: