- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Charities Act 2006 (Changes in Exempt Charities) Order 2011.
(2) This Order comes into force on 1st August 2011.
2. (1) Schedule 2 to the Charities Act 1993(1) (exempt charities) is amended as follows.
(2) After paragraph (ca) insert—
“(cb)the governing body of any foundation, voluntary or foundation special school;
(cc)any foundation body established under section 21 of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998(2);
(cd)a sixth form college corporation (within the meaning of the Further and Higher Education Act 1992(3));”.
(3) In paragraph (w) for “above” substitute “in any of paragraphs (a) to (ca), (cd) or (h) to (v) above”.
(4) After paragraph (w) insert—
“(wa)any institution which—
(i)is administered by or on behalf of a body included in paragraph (cb) or (cc) above, and
(ii)is established for the general purposes of, or for any special purpose of or in connection with, that body or any foundation, voluntary or foundation special school or schools.”.
3. The Schedule (which contains consequential amendments) has effect.
14th July 2011
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Impact Assessments generally accompany all UK Government interventions of a regulatory nature that affect the private sector, civil society organisations and public services. They apply regardless of whether the regulation originates from a domestic or international source and can accompany primary (Acts etc) and secondary legislation (SIs). An Impact Assessment allows those with an interest in the policy area to understand:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: