- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
10.—(1) Section 911 (inspection of documents (merger)) is amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (3), omit “and” at the end of paragraph (d) and after paragraph (e) add—
(f)if no statement is required by section 910 because the company has made public a recent half-yearly financial report (see subsection (1A) of that section), that report. ”.
(3) After subsection (3) insert—
“(3A) The requirement in subsection (1)(a) is subject to section 911A(1) (publication of documents on company website).”.
(4) At the end of subsection (4) add “and section 918A (agreement to dispense with reports etc)”.
(5) At the end add—
“(5) Section 1145 (right to hard copy) does not apply to a document sent or supplied in accordance with subsection (1)(b) to a member who has consented to information being sent or supplied by the company by electronic means and has not revoked that consent.
(6) Part 4 of Schedule 5 (communications by means of a website) does not apply for the purposes of subsection (1)(b) (but see section 911A(5)).
(7) The requirements in this section are subject to section 915A (other circumstances in which reports and inspection not required).”.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Impact Assessments generally accompany all UK Government interventions of a regulatory nature that affect the private sector, civil society organisations and public services. They apply regardless of whether the regulation originates from a domestic or international source and can accompany primary (Acts etc) and secondary legislation (SIs). An Impact Assessment allows those with an interest in the policy area to understand:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: