Communications Act 2003
69. After section 110 insert—
“Penalties for contravention of code restrictions
110A.—(1) This section applies where a person is given a notification under section 110 which specifies a proposed penalty.
(2) Where the notification relates to more than one contravention, a separate penalty may be specified in respect of each contravention.
(3) Where the notification relates to a continuing contravention, no more than one penalty may be specified in respect of the period of contravention specified in the notification.
(4) But, in relation to a continuing contravention, a penalty may be specified in respect of each day on which the contravention continues after—
(a)the giving of a confirmation decision under section 111(4)(c) which requires immediate action; or
(b)the expiry of any period specified in the confirmation decision for complying with a requirement so specified.
(5) The amount of a penalty under subsection (4) is to be such amount not exceeding £100 per day as OFCOM determine to be—
(b)proportionate to the contravention in respect of which it is imposed
(6) The amount of any other penalty specified in a notification under section 110 is to be such amount not exceeding £10,000 as OFCOM determine to be—
(b)proportionate to the contravention in respect of which it is imposed.
(7) The Secretary of State may by order amend this section so as to substitute a different maximum penalty for the maximum penalty for the time being specified in subsection (6).
(8) No order is to be made containing provision authorised by subsection (7) unless a draft of the order has been laid before Parliament and approved by a resolution of each House.”