- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
5.—(1) Before the end of each review period the Secretary of State must—
(a)carry out a review of the implementation in the United Kingdom of the listed EU Directives,
(b)set out the conclusions of the review in a report, and
(c)publish the report.
(2) In carrying out the review the Secretary of State must, so far as is reasonable, have regard to how the listed EU Directives are implemented in other member States.
(3) The report must in particular—
(a)set out the objectives intended to be achieved by the implementation in the United Kingdom of the listed EU Directives,
(b)assess the extent to which those objectives are achieved, and
(c)assess whether those objectives remain appropriate and, if so, the extent to which they could be achieved with a system that imposes less regulation.
(4) “Review period” means—
(a)the period of five years beginning with 26th May 2011, and
(b)subject to paragraph (5), each successive period of five years.
(5) If a report under this regulation is published before the last day of the review period to which it relates, the following review period is to begin with the day on which that report is published.
(6) The listed EU Directives are—
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Impact Assessments generally accompany all UK Government interventions of a regulatory nature that affect the private sector, civil society organisations and public services. They apply regardless of whether the regulation originates from a domestic or international source and can accompany primary (Acts etc) and secondary legislation (SIs). An Impact Assessment allows those with an interest in the policy area to understand:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: