- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
19. (1) The Compulsory Purchase (Vesting Declarations) Act 1981(1) shall apply as if this Order were a compulsory purchase order.
(2) The Compulsory Purchase (Vesting Declarations) Act 1981, as applied by paragraph (1), shall have effect with the following modifications.
(3) In section 3 (preliminary notices) for subsection (1) there shall be substituted—
“(1) Before making a declaration under section 4 with respect to any land which is subject to a compulsory purchase order the acquiring authority shall include the particulars specified in subsection (3) in a notice which is—
(a)given to every person with a relevant interest in the land with respect to which the declaration is to be made (other than a mortgagee who is not in possession); and
(b)published in a local newspaper circulating in the area in which the land is situated.”.
(4) In that section, in subsection (2), for “(1)(b)” there shall be substituted “(1)” and after “given” there shall be inserted “and published”.
(5) In that section, for subsections (5) and (6) there shall be substituted—
“(5) For the purposes of this section, a person has a relevant interest in land if—
(a)that person is for the time being entitled to dispose of the fee simple of the land, whether in possession or in reversion; or
(b)that person holds, or is entitled to the rents and profits of, the land under a lease or agreement, the unexpired term of which exceeds one month.”.
(6) In section 5 (earliest date for execution of declaration)—
(a)in subsection (1), after “publication” there shall be inserted “in a local newspaper circulating in the area in which the land is situated”; and
(b)subsection (2) shall be omitted.
(7) In section 7 (constructive notice to treat) in subsection (1)(a), the words “(as modified by section 4 of the Acquisition of Land Act 1981)” shall be omitted.
(8) References to the 1965 Act shall be construed as references to that Act as applied to the acquisition of land under article 18 (application of Part 1 of the Compulsory Purchase Act 1965).
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: