- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
19.—(1) The Compulsory Purchase (Vesting Declarations) Act 1981(1) shall apply as if this Order were a compulsory purchase order.
(2) The Compulsory Purchase (Vesting Declarations) Act 1981, as applied by paragraph (1), shall have effect with the following modifications.
(3) In section 3 (preliminary notices) for subsection (1) there shall be substituted—
“(1) Before making a declaration under section 4 with respect to any land which is subject to a compulsory purchase order the acquiring authority shall include the particulars specified in subsection (3) in a notice which is—
(a)given to every person with a relevant interest in the land with respect to which the declaration is to be made (other than a mortgagee who is not in possession); and
(b)published in a local newspaper circulating in the area in which the land is situated.”.
(4) In that section, in subsection (2), for “(1)(b)” there shall be substituted “(1)” and after “given” there shall be inserted “and published”.
(5) In that section, for subsections (5) and (6) there shall be substituted—
“(5) For the purposes of this section, a person has a relevant interest in land if—
(a)that person is for the time being entitled to dispose of the fee simple of the land, whether in possession or in reversion; or
(b)that person holds, or is entitled to the rents and profits of, the land under a lease or agreement, the unexpired term of which exceeds one month.”.
(6) In section 5 (earliest date for execution of declaration)—
(a)in subsection (1), after “publication” there shall be inserted “in a local newspaper circulating in the area in which the land is situated”; and
(b)subsection (2) shall be omitted.
(7) In section 7 (constructive notice to treat) in subsection (1)(a), the words “(as modified by section 4 of the Acquisition of Land Act 1981)” shall be omitted.
(8) References to the 1965 Act shall be construed as references to that Act as applied to the acquisition of land under article 18 (application of Part 1 of the Compulsory Purchase Act 1965).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: