- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Equality Act 2010 (Public Authorities and Consequential and Supplementary Amendments) Order 2011.
(2) This Order comes into force on 4th April 2011 except for article 5 which comes into force on 5th April 2011.
(3) In this Order “the Act” means the Equality Act 2010.
2.—(1) Schedule 19 to the Act is amended in accordance with paragraphs (2) and (3).
(2) Schedule 1 to this Order (which amends Part 1 of Schedule 19) has effect.
(3) After Part 3 (public authorities: relevant Scottish authorities), insert Part 4 set out in Schedule 2 to this Order.
3.—(1) The Act is amended in accordance with paragraphs (2) and (3).
(2) In Schedule 26 (amendments) after paragraph 106 of Part 2(1), insert—
106A. In section 194(1) of the Housing (Scotland) Act 2006(2) (interpretation), in the definition of “disabled person”, for “Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (c. 50)(3)” substitute “Equality Act 2010”.”.
(3) In Schedule 27 (repeals and revocations)—
(a)before Part 2, insert Part 1A set out in Schedule 3 to this Order;
(b)after Part 2, insert Part 3 set out in Schedule 4 to this Order.
(a)omit section 6(1) to (4), and
(b)in section 84(1)(b), omit “section 19B of the Race Relations Act 1976 (c. 74) or”.
5. In paragraph 6 of Schedule 5 to the School Standards and Framework Act 1998(6) (adjudicators: procedure), for paragraph (a) substitute—
“(a)section 149 of the Equality Act 2010,”.
6.—(1) The Act is amended in accordance with paragraphs (2) and (3).
(2) In paragraph 20(1)(b) of Part 3 of Schedule 8 (work: limitations on the duty to make reasonable adjustments where there is lack of knowledge of disability, etc.), for “in any other case referred to in this Part of this Schedule” substitute “in any case referred to in Part 2 of this Schedule”.
(3) In paragraph 14(4) of Part 4 of Schedule 17 (disabled pupils: enforcement in relation to exclusions), after “enabling an appeal to be made by” insert “the person or”.
7. In section 27(1) of the Equality Act 2006(7) (disputes in relation to which the Commission for Equality and Human Rights may make arrangements for the provision of conciliation services), after “section 114” insert “or 116”.
Secretary of State for the Home Department
4th April 2011
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: