- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6.—(1) In the following terms (which were defined by the European Communities Act 1972 as it had effect before the passing of the European Union (Amendment) Act 2008) for the word “Community” substitute “EU”—
(b)Community customs duty,
(e)Community obligation, and
(f)enforceable Community right.
(2) In the following terms, and in those terms preceded by the word “European”, for “Community”, or as the case may be “European Community”, substitute “EU”—
(b)Community legislation, and
(3) Where the term mentioned in paragraph (1) or (2) is preceded by the word “a”, for “a” substitute “an”.
(4) Paragraphs (1) to (3) do not apply where the term mentioned in paragraph (1) or (2) forms part of a reference to a treaty.
(5) Paragraph (2) does not apply to the term “specified Community provision” where used in an enactment containing a definition of that term.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: