- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
6.—(1) In the following terms (which were defined by the European Communities Act 1972 as it had effect before the passing of the European Union (Amendment) Act 2008) for the word “Community” substitute “EU”—
(b)Community customs duty,
(e)Community obligation, and
(f)enforceable Community right.
(2) In the following terms, and in those terms preceded by the word “European”, for “Community”, or as the case may be “European Community”, substitute “EU”—
(b)Community legislation, and
(3) Where the term mentioned in paragraph (1) or (2) is preceded by the word “a”, for “a” substitute “an”.
(4) Paragraphs (1) to (3) do not apply where the term mentioned in paragraph (1) or (2) forms part of a reference to a treaty.
(5) Paragraph (2) does not apply to the term “specified Community provision” where used in an enactment containing a definition of that term.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: