- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
18. (1) The acquisition provisions continue to apply on and after the commencement date in relation to any case where—
(a)a claim was made before the commencement date to exercise a right to acquire in relation to an interest in land in England held by an English registered social landlord, but
(b)the claim was not determined, or any acquisition was not completed, before that date.
(2) In their application by virtue of sub-paragraph (1), the acquisition provisions have effect—
(a)without any amendments or repeals of them brought into force by this Order or made by an order under section 114 of the 2008 Act,
(b)as if the 2008 Order were not revoked, and
(c)as if references to registered social landlords were or (as the case may be) included, in relation to times, circumstances or purposes on and after the commencement date, references to private registered providers of social housing.
(3) Section 35 of the 2008 Act (duty to give financial assistance in relation to certain disposals) applies in respect of any discount given to a person exercising the right to acquire by virtue of this paragraph as it applies in respect of any discount given to a person exercising the right to acquire conferred by section 180 of that Act.
(4) In this paragraph “the acquisition provisions” means sections 16 to 17 of the 1996 Act (right to acquire) and any other enactment, instrument or other document so far as it has effect under or otherwise in connection with those sections.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: