55. After that section insert—
“210A Extraordinary report: local authorities
(1) Where an inquiry in respect of a local authority is being held, or has been held, under section 206, the Audit Commission must, at the request of the regulator, report to the regulator on the accounts and balance sheet of the local authority, so far as they relate to the provision of social housing.
(2) A report under this section may include in particular—
(a)any matter that may be included in a report during or on completion of an audit of the local authority’s accounts under Part 2 of the Audit Commission Act 1998, and
(b)copies of or extracts from any such report that has already been made.
(3) The Audit Commission may arrange for a report under this section to be prepared by an auditor (within the meaning of the Audit Commission Act 1998).
(4) The local authority shall pay the Audit Commission’s costs of preparing the report.
(5) “The Audit Commission” means the Audit Commission for Local Authorities and the National Health Service in England.”