- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
55. After that section insert—
(1) Where an inquiry in respect of a local authority is being held, or has been held, under section 206, the Audit Commission must, at the request of the regulator, report to the regulator on the accounts and balance sheet of the local authority, so far as they relate to the provision of social housing.
(2) A report under this section may include in particular—
(a)any matter that may be included in a report during or on completion of an audit of the local authority’s accounts under Part 2 of the Audit Commission Act 1998, and
(b)copies of or extracts from any such report that has already been made.
(3) The Audit Commission may arrange for a report under this section to be prepared by an auditor (within the meaning of the Audit Commission Act 1998).
(4) The local authority shall pay the Audit Commission’s costs of preparing the report.
(5) “The Audit Commission” means the Audit Commission for Local Authorities and the National Health Service in England.”
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Impact Assessments generally accompany all UK Government interventions of a regulatory nature that affect the private sector, civil society organisations and public services. They apply regardless of whether the regulation originates from a domestic or international source and can accompany primary (Acts etc) and secondary legislation (SIs). An Impact Assessment allows those with an interest in the policy area to understand:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: