- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6. In section 94 (studies), after subsection (2) insert—
“(3) Nothing in subsection (1) permits the regulator, in relation to local authorities, to carry out or commission studies about the performance of housing functions other than their functions as a provider of social housing.”
7. In section 95 (financial assistance), in subsection (3), for “a registered provider” substitute “a private registered provider”.
8. In section 96 (evidence), in paragraph (d), at the beginning insert “the Commission for Local Administration in England or”.
9. After section 106 insert—
(1) The regulator shall cooperate with the Audit Commission for Local Authorities and the National Health Service in England.
(2) In particular, the regulator shall consult the Audit Commission on matters concerning local authorities.”
10. In section 107 (collection), in subsection (1), for paragraph (b) substitute—
“(b)activities which are or may be carried out by—
(i)a person who is, or who has applied to become, a registered provider, or
(ii)a local authority in England which the regulator thinks may be, or may become, a provider of social housing.”
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Impact Assessments generally accompany all UK Government interventions of a regulatory nature that affect the private sector, civil society organisations and public services. They apply regardless of whether the regulation originates from a domestic or international source and can accompany primary (Acts etc) and secondary legislation (SIs). An Impact Assessment allows those with an interest in the policy area to understand:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: