- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
8.—(1) The Secretary of State may suspend or amend an approval, authorisation, licence or registration granted under these Regulations if—
(a)any of the conditions under which it was granted is not fulfilled; or
(b)the Secretary of State is satisfied that the provisions of the EU TSE Regulation or of these Regulations are not being complied with.
(2) The Secretary of State may amend an approval, authorisation, licence or registration granted under these Regulations if the Secretary of State considers it necessary in the light of technical or scientific developments.
(3) A suspension or amendment—
(a)may have immediate effect if the Secretary of State considers it necessary for the protection of public or animal health; and
(b)otherwise, may have effect after the expiration of at least 21 days.
(4) Notification of the suspension or amendment must—
(a)be in writing;
(b)state when the suspension or amendment comes into effect;
(c)give the reasons; and
(d)explain that the person who has been notified has the right to make written representations to a person appointed by the Secretary of State.
(5) The appeals procedure in regulation 10 then applies.
(6) If the suspension or amendment does not have immediate effect and representations are made under regulation 10, it must not have effect until the final determination of the appeal by the Secretary of State unless the Secretary of State considers that it is necessary for the protection of public or animal health for the amendment or suspension to have effect before then.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: