- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6. (1) The Secretary of State must grant an approval, authorisation, licence or registration under these Regulations if the Secretary of State is satisfied that the provisions of the EU TSE Regulation and these Regulations will be complied with.
(2) It must be in writing, and must specify—
(a)the address of the premises;
(b)the name of the occupier; and
(c)the purpose for which it is granted.
(3) It may be made subject to such conditions as are necessary to—
(a)ensure that the provisions of the EU TSE Regulation and these Regulations will be complied with; or
(b)protect public or animal health.
(4) Where refusing to grant an approval, authorisation, licence or registration, or granting one subject to conditions, the Secretary of State must—
(a)give reasons in writing; and
(b)explain that the applicant has the right to make written representations to a person appointed by the Secretary of State.
(5) The appeals procedure in regulation 10 then applies.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: