- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
44. (1) The IPCC may suspend any investigation or other procedure under these Regulations which would, if it were to continue, prejudice any criminal proceedings.
(2) A relevant appropriate authority may, subject to paragraph (3), suspend any investigation or other procedure under these Regulations which would, if it were to continue, prejudice any criminal investigation or proceedings.
(3) The IPCC may direct that any investigation or other procedure under these Regulations which is liable to be suspended under paragraph (2) shall continue if it is of the view that it is in the public interest to make such a direction.
(4) The IPCC shall consult the relevant appropriate authority before making such a direction.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: