- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
3.—(1) Subject to the provisions of this Order, the Company may, in the lines or situations shown on the deposited plans and according to the levels shown on the deposited sections, make and maintain the following works, with all necessary works and conveniences connected with them, as to part in the parish of Harwich and Ramsey and as to the remainder in the parish of Parkeston, in the district of Tendring, in the county of Essex, and partly on the foreshore and bed of Bathside Bay—
Work No. 1 - A quay wall, including berths for vessels and quayside cranes, commencing with a junction at the termination of the existing quay wall of Parkeston Quay at its eastern end (point C shown on the deposited plans and deposited sections), then extending in a straight line to a point at TM2562632679 (point D shown on the deposited plans and deposited sections), then extending in a straight line to a point at TM2562232490 (point E shown on the deposited plans and deposited sections), then extending in a straight line and terminating at a point at TM2564832490 (point F shown on the deposited plans and deposited sections) and enclosing an area of 74.55 hectares of the bed of Bathside Bay being the area enclosed by that quay wall and the line of mean high water springs shown on the deposited plans and deposited sections commencing at point C and terminating at point F.
Work No. 2 - A culvert, being an extension of the existing Dovercourt Dock River culvert, commencing at the existing outfall chamber and extending in a straight line and terminating at an outfall to be constructed in the proposed quay wall comprising part of Work No. 1 at a point 30 metres east of the commencement of Work No. 1.
Work No. 3 - A harbour wall incorporating an access walkway of solid construction commencing at the proposed quay wall comprising part of Work No. 1 at point D shown on the deposited plans and deposited sections and extending in a north-easterly direction and terminating at a point at TM2574332746 and having a length of 137 metres and a width not exceeding 13.7 metres.
Work No. 4 - A floating wavescreen of segmental fibre and galvanised steel reinforced concrete boxes with expanded polystyrene cores and anchored to the bed of the boat harbour, commencing at a point at TM2581232631 extending in a north westerly direction along the south side of the train ferry gantry for a distance of 110 metres and terminating at a point at TM2571232676.
Work No. 5 - A slipway adjacent to the proposed quay wall forming part of Work No. 1, commencing at point E shown on the deposited plans and deposited sections and terminating in the boat harbour at a point at TM2562732556.
(2) The Company may, within the limits of deviation, from time to time alter or reconstruct temporarily or permanently the authorised works.
(3) The Company may fill in and reclaim, or complete the reclamation of, so much of the foreshore and bed of Bathside Bay as is situated within the limits of deviation landward of the line of Work No. 1, and may hold and use, as part of the harbour undertaking or for other purposes of the Company, so much of that foreshore and bed as is required for or in connection with those purposes and may hold and use or dispose of the remainder for other purposes.
(4) The Company may, when constructing Work No. 3, demolish the train ferry pier to the extent shown on the deposited plans and deposited sections.
(5) For the purposes of section 23 of the Land Drainage Act 1991(1) (prohibition on obstructions etc in watercourses) as applying to the construction of the authorised works, any consent or approval by the Environment Agency given or deemed to be given under any provision of this Order with respect to the erection of any structure shall be deemed also to constitute a consent or approval under the said section 23 as respects the erection of that structure.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: