- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
6.—(1) Subject to paragraphs (2) to (5), Part 5A of the Local Government Act 1972(1) (access to meetings and documents of certain authorities, committees and sub-committees) shall apply to a Leaders’ Board as it applies to a principal council(2).
(2) Sections 100EA(3) (inspection of records relating to functions exercisable by members) and 100J (application to new authorities etc) do not apply.
(3) Section 100A (admission to meetings of principal councils) shall have effect as if, in subsection (3)(a), the words “or Regional Development Agency” were inserted following “a Government department”.
(4) A reference in the Part to the offices of the council (however expressed)–
(a)is to be treated as a reference to such premises located within the region as the Leaders’ Board considers appropriate, and
(b)in the application of section 100A(6)(a) to a case where the meeting is to be held at premises other than those mentioned in sub-paragraph (a) above, includes a reference to those other premises.
(5) Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972(4) (access to information: exempt information) shall have effect as if any reference to “the authority” included a reference to a Leaders’ Board.
“Principal council” is construed in accordance with section 100J of the Local Government Act 1972 (c.70). See also the definition of “principal council” in section 270 of that Act.
Inserted by the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007 (c.28), section 237(1).
Schedule 12A was inserted by the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, section 1 and Schedule 1.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: