- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
10. (1) Nothing in section 38 of the 1993 Act applies to a mortgage of land held by or in trust for a section 11 charity to which sub-paragraph (2) applies.
(2) This sub-paragraph applies to a mortgage of land held by or in trust for a section 11 charity if the charity trustees—
(a)proposed that the mortgage be executed before the appointed day; but
(b)had not executed it before that day.
(3) For the purposes of sub-paragraph (2) it does not matter whether the mortgage—
(a)will only have effect to secure the repayment of sums paid by way of the proposed loan or grant or discharge of a proposed obligation; or
(b)will also have effect to secure the repayment of sums paid by way of loan or grant, or the discharge of other obligations undertaken, after the date of its execution.
(4) In this paragraph “mortgage” has the meaning given by section 38 of the 1993 Act.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: