- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. (1) The definition of “responsible person” to be substituted, in accordance with section 10B(4) of the 1993 Act, for the definition in section 10A(7) of that Act is specified—
(a)in relation to HEFCE, in paragraph (2);
(b)in relation to the Environment Secretary, in paragraph (3);
(c)in relation to the Culture Secretary, in paragraph (4).
(2) “Responsible person” means a person who is or was—
(a)a member of HEFCE;
(b)a member of the staff of HEFCE;
(c)a person acting on behalf of HEFCE or a member of the staff of HEFCE; or
(d)a member of a committee established by HEFCE.
(3) “Responsible person” means a person who is or was—
(a)the Environment Secretary;
(b)acting on behalf of the Environment Secretary; or
(c)a member of a committee established by the Environment Secretary.
(4) “Responsible person” means a person who is or was—
(a)the Culture Secretary;
(b)acting on behalf of the Culture Secretary; or
(c)a member of a committee established by the Culture Secretary.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: