- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6. In the Schedule to the Exempt Charities Order 1962(1), omit—
(a)“University of Wales”;
(b)“University College of Wales, Aberystwyth”;
(c)“University College of North Wales”;
(d)“University College of South Wales and Monmouthshire”;
(e)“University College of Swansea”;
(f)the heading “Institutions connected with the University of Wales”;
(g)“Welsh National School of Medicine”.
7. In the Schedule to the Exempt Charities Order 1965(2) omit “St David’s College, Lampeter”.
8. The Exempt Charities Order 1984(3) is revoked.
9. (1) Rule 180 of the Land Registration Rules 2003 (statements to be contained in dispositions by a charity)(4) is amended as follows.
(2) In paragraph (1)(b) and (c) for “paragraph (a), (b) or (c)” substitute “paragraph (a), (aa), (b) or (c)”.
10. (1) Regulation 2 of the Charities (Accounts and Reports) Regulations 2008(5) is amended as follows.
(2) In paragraph (1) in the definition of “special case charity”—
(a)omit “and” at the end of sub-paragraph (b)(iii); and
(b)after sub-paragraph (b) insert—
“(c)a charity which is a college or hall in the University of Cambridge;
(d)a charity which was an exempt charity by virtue of an Order in Council made under paragraph (c) of Schedule 2 to the 1993 Act but ceased to be so when that Order was amended or revoked by the Charities Act 2006 (Changes in Exempt Charities) Order 2009;
(e)a charity which is a Welsh higher education corporation;”.
(3) After paragraph (1) insert—
“(1A) For the purposes of these Regulations, a higher education corporation is a “Welsh higher education corporation” if the activities of the institution conducted by that corporation are carried on, or principally carried on, in Wales.”.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: